ON-SITE SUPERVISORS/CARETAKERS Position for Agur Lake Camp Society
Period of Employment: May 1 – September 30, 2018
Salary to be negotiated.
The Board of Directors seeks an enthusiastic, friendly team of two energetic people, a couple preferred due to sleeping accommodations, to live on site and work as the “On-Site Supervisors” at Agur Lake Camp with employment on a term ‘employee agreement’ basis. Must have own RV for accommodation.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants MUST:
• Possess experience and understanding of working with people with disabilities.
• Successfully pass a Criminal Record Check.
• Possess a valid BC Driver’s license with good driving record.
• Possess or have the use of a reliable & appropriate vehicle (driving on logging roads, prefer a truck with hitch).
• Possess an RV to live in.
• Have knowledge of operation of generators.
• Have knowledge of well water system/pumps/ALCS is a water purveyor.
• Have knowledge of WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System).
• Possess valid certificate for Basic First Aid Level from a recognized training facility such as St. John’s Ambulance.
• Possess basic ‘handyman’ maintenance skills.
• Have knowledge of chain saw use.
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently.
• Be able to lift 30 pounds.
• References Required.
• Live on site 24 hours a day when renters in cabins or RV area.
• Provide security of facility by living on site.
• Provide a good guest experience: meet guests at KVR if required, give guests orientation, explain safety. procedures, ensure that campground safety rules are being followed.
• Maintain equipment, buildings, grounds, trails & pathways, clean cabins.
• Advise a week in advance if possible when purchase of supplies are required.
• Cultivate and maintain a highly efficient, professional working relationship with the Volunteer Property Manager, all volunteers, sponsors, donors, affiliate organizations, contractors and staff.
• Have guests complete proper check out paperwork.
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Provided by Agur Lake Camp Society:
• Mobile phone, landline telephone, cable tv, internet
• Two way radio for vehicle communication if required while travelling on logging roads to and from Camp.
• Mileage for work related trips
Visit our website for information on the camp: www.agurlakecamp.ca
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2018
Thank you for your interest. Please mail or email resume & cover letter outlining experience & how you meet job requirements to:
Agur Lake Camp Society